PULSUS group offers all the participants from all over the world to attend the conference “Marine Science” during November 16-17, 2017 at Atlanta, USA which includes prompt keynote presentations, Oral presentations, Poster presentations, and Exhibitions.
Marine Science - 2017 conference points towards addressing main issues as well as future strategies of Marine Science. This is going to be the largest and most promising International conference where marine Science professionals as well as decision makers will come to discuss and debate on various aspects of the challenges, risks and investment opportunities throughout the complete integrated energy and utilities supply chain.
Why To Attend?
The entire world focused on learning about Marine Science and its benefits, so this is the best opportunity to reach largest meeting of participants from the Marine Science community. Distribute information, Conduct presentation, and meet with current and potential scientists. Make a splash with new researches and its developments in this 2-days event at Marine Science – 2017 conference. World-renowned speakers, recent techniques, developments and newest updates in Marine Science are compact of this conference.
- Marine Science Students, Scientists
- Marine Science Researchers
- Marine Science Faculty
- Marine Science Colleges
- Marine Science Associations and Societies
- Business Entrepreneurs
- Training Institutes
- Manufacturing Companies
- Marine Science Engineering Companies
Marine science is a multidisciplinary field of study and research of marine life and physics. Overlap areas between the different marine science departments are increasingly targeted as it seems mandatory to investigate these areas in order to fully understand the workings of the marine environment.
The basic marine science disciplines are:
- Marine biology/Marine ecology
- Marine chemistry/Chemical oceanography
- Marine geology
- Physical oceanography
Oceanographers working on the wide scope of territories like the seas, the climate, the earth, the polar ice sheets, lakes and planetary system. Oceanographers also studies about the atmosphere, sediments, rocks and also changes done to the ocean mixing process.
The ocean water contains many no of gaseous components those are introduced into the atmosphere or extracting from sea water. These types of gases affecting the atmosphere are a one of the special element of research. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas in the atmosphere contributing to global warming. This shows the impact on the planet. Surface temperature and sea levels are raising, ice is melting and also the weather patterns are changing. So that green house gases causes the global warming, trace gases causes the forming of aerosols and destroying the ozone layer.
Some of the Associations and Societies of Marine Science:
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO)
- Australian Marine Sciences Association
- Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- British Marine Life Study Society
- Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Coastal Research and Education Society of Long Island (CRESLI)
- European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet)
- Florida Oceanographic Society
- Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST)
- Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
- International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers (IAMSLIC)
- International Commission for the Scientific Exploration of the Mediterranean Sea (CIESM)
- International Federation of Hydrographic Societies
- The Hydrographic Society of America
- National Association of Marine Laboratories
- Marine Technology Society
- American Chemical Society American Institute of chemical Engineers(AIChE)
- Chemical Institute of Canada(CIC) National organization for the Professional advancement of Black Chemistry and Chemical Engineers
Conference on Marine Science publishes research papers on ocean Sciences, ocean science processes with a focus on understanding the ocean as a system. Observational, experimental, and theoretical investigations of the Ocean, atmosphere, biosphere and hydrosphere at all spatial and temporal scales are welcome. Articles should be of broad interest, and interdisciplinary approaches are encouraged.
Areas of interest for this peer-reviewed journal include, but are not limited to:
- Principles of marine chemicals and marine science proxies to study the history of ocean.
- The dynamics of marine chemicals at all spatial and temporal scales.
- Advances observation, and experimentation that are of widespread interest in the marine chemistry.
Sessions And Tracks
1. Deep Sea Mining
Deep sea mining is a process, retrieval of minerals from the floor of ocean. For full scale operations there are two type of mineral extraction techniques are there: continuous line bucket system (CLB) and hydraulic suction system. The preferable way to collect the nodule is continuous line bucket system (CLB). The sites of ocean mining are very large areas of polymetallic nodules and the hydrothermal vents below the ocean surface is about 1,400-3,700 m. The vents retrieving the sulphide deposits which contain the metals like gold, silver, copper, cobalt, manganese and zinc.
- Marine Pollution
Marine pollution occurs when harmful or potentially harmful chemicals entered into ocean, agriculture wastage, industrial wastage, residential wastage, noise, dust, etc. Many toxic chemicals are adhers to the small particles and which are taken up by the plankton, nekton and benthos animal, in this way it will affect to the ocean food chain. Major marine pollution is coming from land based activities; it is about 80%.Oil spills causes the high damage to marine pollution. But infact only 12% of oil is entering into the seas per year. Fertilizers runoff from the lands is affecting the marine pollution. The extra nutrients cause eutrophication. Solid garbage also makes the pollution to marine – like plastic bags, balloons, glass bottles, etc. Every marine organism from plankton to whale is contaminated by the man-made chemicals like pesticides and chemicals.
- Marine Natural Products Chemistry
Marine natural product deals with the marine biotechnology and marine biodiscovery using the biological diversity of marine macro and microorganism for identifying the novel molecules. This will contains the cultivation, extraction stages and after some process is completed then followed by purification, 3D structure clearance and biological/ecological activity for identification mechanism is the marine secondary metabolites. Marine natural products are more structural elements in the world and their chemical behavior is more critical while we exploring their original behavior like biomedical, biotechnological and exploring the functional roles of natural products.
- Marine Chemical Biology
It is an interfacing discipline for combining the biology and chemistry to study the biological systems using chemical, bio chemical, tools and genetic techniques. Presently most of the researches belong to this track. Marine chemical biology is mainly concentrating on the discovery and application of marine natural products.
- Marine Geology
Marine geology or geological oceanography deals with the structure and history of sea floor. It deals with the geophysical, geochemical, Sedmentalogical and the investigation of paleontological of the ocean floor. It has strong ties to physical oceanography. Marine studies are giving strong evidence of ocean floor spreading and tectonic plates. The deep sea floor is the last unexplored thing for the both military and economic objectives do the research in the petroleum field.
- Ocean Biogeochemistry
Ocean biogeochemistry deals with the biogeochemical processes and also the boundaries of ocean layer. Its aim is to publish the main sights in all aspects of ocean biogeochemistry in both the self-ocean and open ocean. It deals with the oceans role in biogeochemical cycling of some selected elements and how these cycling’s are affected by the human activities.
- Marine Engineering and Technology
Marine engineering is a branch for applying the engineering sciences and it can include the engineering braches of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science engineering and also the mechanical engineering to design, development, operation and maintenance. It deals with the power plants, pipes, machinery, control systems and also the marine vehicles like ships, submarines, etc.
- Colored dissolved organic matter
Colored dissolved organic matter (CDOM) optically measures the amount of organic matter dissolved in water. It is also called as chromophoric dissolved organic matter. CDOM absorbs the short wavelength of light that is ranging from blue to ultraviolet where as the longer wavelength red light can be absorbed by the pure water. Therefore water containing the little amount of CDOM then the water appears like blue. Where as the color of water is changes when the amount of CDOM dissolved in water is increases, it will range through green, yellow and brown.
- Molecular Biology, Biotechnology and Marine Toxicology
Molecular biology deals with the molecular basis of biological activity between biomolecules in the different systems of a cell, including the interactions between DNA, RNA, and proteins and their biosynthesis, as well as the regulation of these interactions. Toxic chemicals which are deposited in the ocean are harmful for human health and also harmful for the marine environment. For many chemicals, oceans are the ultimate sinks and also these are the source for many naturally occurring toxins.
- Marine Biology
Marine microbiology deals with the small organisms which are reside in sea water- Bacteria, Viruses, Achaea and microbial eukaryotes. It focuses mainly on interaction within communities of microorganisms. Most of the microorganisms can see only by a microscope. Marine mammals are distributed across the world’s ocean and the action plan will be required for conservation and recovery. Many sea animals like sea lions, porpoise, whales, seals, dolphins, etc. are having threats from human activity. High level of chemical substances dissolved in water causes the mammal’s immune and affects the mammal’s reproductive system.
- Coastal Ecology
Coastal ecology includes the aspects of both physical and biological. Physical coastal oceanography research at BML and focusing on the ocean upwelling, lands runoff and the connection between coastal area and ocean. Coastal oceanography group focuses on the regional based research along the north coastal area of California, advantage of taking the unique upwelling zone and also in comparable regions globally. Coastal oceanography group is highly productive at regional and national / international.
- Brackish Water
Brackish water contains the salinity more than fresh water but not that much as sea water. So this is the result of mixing sea water with fresh water. In some cases brackish water can be produced by human activity, in some civil engineering projects dikes and flooding of coastal marshland to produce the brackish water pools for fresh water prawn farming.
- Fisheries Biology and Management
Fisheries biology deals with the managing and understanding fisheries. It also describes the necessary knowledge on the biology, ecology and population dynamics of exploited (or potentially exploited) species to enable and ensure a sustainable fisheries and management of the resource.
Over utilization of fisheries from the sea it affects serious problem to the sea world. Even for many no of fisheries managed by many coastal countries some of factors have contributed to these system failures. Thus the many protected areas can serve as a hedge against the management limitations, thus the enhancement of fisheries resources over a long period can be high..
- Marine heavy metals poisoning marine toxicology
Arsenic (As) is the naturally establishing chemical element. It exists in the many forms of organic and inorganic or in the form of species. Compared to organic and inorganic arsenic, inorganic arsenic form is more toxic than organic form. marine algae contains the high level of arsenic but they are considered to having the very low levels of arsenic, with some exception of brown algae, which can contains the high level of arsenic.
- Ocean acidification
Due to anthropogenic activities, the percentage of co2 is increasing in the atmosphere. Such as fossil fuel use it causes decreasing the pH of ocean water, this process is called as ocean acidification. With the increase of co2 emission, the acidification of ocean is likely to be increases. It is harmful for marine ecosystems and on sustainable marine resource management. Therefore carbon dioxide level increases in atmosphere then the level of carbon dioxide in the ocean also increases too.
- Marine Nutrients
Nutrients are mandatory chemical elements that organisms need to survive and reproduce Macronutrients, needed in large quantities, include carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur, magnesium, and calcium, whereas micronutrients like iron, copper and zinc are needed in lesser quantities. In aquatic systems, nitrogen and phosphorus are the two major nutrients that most commonly limit maximum biomass of algae and aquatic plants.
Global markets consist of three major regions; Europe and North America are similar in size forming 25% and 26% of the market. Asia forms the largest region at an estimated 34%, with much of this shipbuilding and shipping activity centered in S.E. Asia. The marine Industries' growth over next five years could total $51 billion, the largest being in the sectors of:
- Marine transportation
- The ports Industries
- The leisure Industries Including leisure boating and the cruise business
- Offshore oil & gas industry
- Marine services in its many aspects
- Submarine cables
- Minerals (specifically offshore diamonds)
- Marine biotechnology
- Underwater vehicles
- Marine IT (but from a small base)
- Renewable energy (from an even smaller base)
Market Analysis Of Marine Science:
- According to Statistics, the Global Marine Biotechnology market is expected to grow from $3.84 billion in 2015 and to reach $5.9 billion by 2022 with a CAGR of 6.3% and $6.4 billion by 2025. The global market of marine biotechnology is estimated at $4.1 billion in 2015 and to reach $4.8 billion by 2020 and $6.4 billion by 2025. The growth factor for marine biotechnology market is increasing because increasing the demand for natural products.
- The global water treatment chemicals market is expected to reach an estimated amount of $32.8 billion by 2021 with a CAGR of 3.4% from 2016 to 2021. The major drivers of growth for this market are improving water quality standard and increasing demand for clean water.
- The global marine composites market will grow at a rate of 6% of CAGR between 2016 and 2020. Presently the demand for advanced marine composite sector growth is increasing significantly.
- Globally the marine lubricant market is expected to reach USD 10.94 billion by 2020.
- Commercial Deep Sea Mining Market report on October 2016 is a $350.00.Global marine lubricant market volume was 2,428.7 kilo tons in 2013 and is expecting to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Engine oil emerged as the leading application segment and percentage of 46.3 from total market volume in 2013. Hydraulic oil is one of the fastest growing application segments for marine lubricants growing at an estimated CAGR of 3.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- The global market for seawater and brackish water desalination plants is expected to grow to $7.2 billion in 2018 for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.9%.
- The conventional processes market, as a segment, is expected to grow to nearly $7.2 billion in 2018, a CAGR of 11.9%.
- The other technologies segment in seawater and brackish water desalination plants market is expected to grow to $18 million in 2018, a CAGR of 8.5%.
- According to statistical report, global aquaculture market was valued at USD 156.27 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow USD 209.42 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.0% between 2016 and 2021. In terms of volume, globally the demand for aquaculture stood at 71,190-kilo tons in 2015.
Pulsus Group Inc. is an Internationally renowned peer-review publisher in scientific, medical, technical journals. It was established in the year 1984.It has the offices in Ontario and Canada. Pulsus group is proud to present the World Congress On Marine Scienece, taking place in November 16-17, 2017 in Atlanta USA. The Conference will blend interactive workshops with scientific symposia and poster socials, offering participants a variety of opportunities to exchange ideas, debate-challenging topics and explore potential collaborations. It also offers many presentations, including keynote lectures, symposia, and workshops, as well poster presentations. Travelling to the Atlanta from more than 100 countries around the world, the attendees will exchange ideas, and learn about how to apply the findings in clinical, laboratory, and public health settings.